Monday 15 October 2018

(9/100)

When there is sickness in the house and no school for the youngster, my not yet properly established routine fails me when it comes to art.  It shouldn't, and I need to find a way to not let that happen.  Five days have gone by with no art, and I notice the difference.  To get back into my sketchbook I chose a something simple to do, a straightforward copy of a rose from a photograph.  I used Neocolor ll watersoluble pastels, which is a fairly new medium for me, so I was testing them.  I liked how they worked with the washes in the Pink Pig sketchbook.


And I did some  more work on my abstract and changed it quite a bit with the addition of greenish grey.  I'm really not sure what to do with this.  I think I may start to delineate the figure that I see, that has now for me become a child.  I can see some wispy figures top right, it could be a child's dream.  But I fear if I try to bring this more into realization, I will lose the dreamlike, mysterious effect, but I suppose if  that happens I can always return it to an abstract.  There are aspects to the painting I like but I think it needs more strengthening in shapes, it's perhaps too diffuse and soft edged.  But where to bring in some solidity and shape?  I need to mull over this one.  I am liking the green-grey though, but I probably need to deepen the red just a little.


1 comment:

  1. Love your rose, and I can see your girl looking up in your abstract picture... do you need to do anything more ???

    ReplyDelete