Tuesday 9 October 2018

(8/100) Playtime

I don't know why I followed an impulse to buy a box of fifty Crayola Supertips.  It could be the thought of having all those colours to draw with for such a low price (only £11.00) and maybe some curiosity as to whether having something so cheap and cheerful would help me with the 'play' aspect of art making, something that doesn't seem to come naturally to me.
So that's what I've been doing.   I hope I'm learning something even if it's only going into my subconscious, otherwise there's always that feeling I'm wasting time doing this.  

I have to say it is nice to sit with lots of felt tips in a shoe box next to me on the sofa and, with a brush to wash the colour, work something out with them.






Then I began to add some different media, watercolour pencils, Inktense blocks and white gellyroll pen.




I think with this last one I began to get more adventurous and started to explore the potential of the felt tips more and got something different, unexpected and interesting, so perhaps I haven't been wasting my time after all.

2 comments:

  1. I like these, well done you... it is hard to allow ourselves to just play...something I would like to explore too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure looks like you are having fun 😃

    ReplyDelete