Thursday 18 October 2018

(11/100) A Simple Thing I Did in My Sketchbook Has a Lesson For Me (If I'm Willing to Learn It)

After my considerations yesterday on getting more clarity about why I would want to get a sketch book habit, I decided to use yesterdays leaf studies as a a jumping off point for creating something from nothing more than the memory, and to play with that.  I had no idea what I would make, I only knew the colours.  I took a big flat brush and made some stripes and worked on from there.  I was uncomfortable not knowing what marks I would make next, but somehow I managed to make them from the memory of the leaves. This was a new learning process having never done this before and there was some real discovery going on here.  I wasn't expecting to make a pattern, but somehow the initial stripes I made seemed to dictate what went on top.  As I was so uncertain about what I was doing I was telling myself it was okay, that I was just practicing brushwork, and although the result is very simple and there was brush practice in the repetition, there was much more going on during this act of getting something down on the page.  It was a beginning, a very small beginning I acknowledge, but nevertheless it was there, of coming to an experience of taking an idea - in this case a simple memory of something observed and making something completely new out of it.




1 comment:

  1. โปรโมชั่น pg slot รวมโปรสล็อต PG โปรโมชั่นดีๆสุดพิเศษและก็ร้อนแรงมาเสนอแนะสำหรับคุณ สำหรับสาวกสล็อตตัวจริงต้องห้ามพลาดกับโปรโมชั่นที่พวกเราเตรียมความพร้อมมายกให้คุณทุกวัน

    ReplyDelete