Saturday 21 May 2011

the soul's hunger



I am not a writer, words don't come easily, I cannot express the feelings that are intensely within me.

I think I know one thing, I have a hunger for beauty.

I love the art of the Hindu religion, I'm drawn to the symbolism and imagery, and the incredible rich colour and complexity.  It is always true feasting for the eye, but more than that it is true feasting for a soul that hungers.


How beautiful this vision of Krishna is.  Whenever I see such an image my heart is opened to something beyond what I can understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVMgEupff-E









1 comment:

  1. Just do it... Strive diligently as the Buddha would put it. Everything comes with practice, the most talented artists from Michelangelo to Picasso all emphasize the importance of work, daily, continued work.

    ReplyDelete